Navigation Bar
 

 

Curbside Garbage Pickup Schedule 

 

  • Monmouth Beach incorporated in March 1906, when it seceded from Ocean Township
  • 1842 The Ocean House hotel is built.
  • 1879 The Octagon Hotel is built.
  • 1881 The Peninsula House, a five-level hotel, is built.
  • 1893 The Church of the Precious Blood, 72 Riverdale Ave., at the end of Beach Road, is a striking 110-year-old structure, built by shipbuilders like an upside-down ship. The church begins as a mission of Star of the Sea in Long Branch and became a full parish in 1947.
  • 1905 The Volunteer Fire Company in Monmouth Beach organizes.
  • June 1906 The Monmouth Beach Board of Education organizes. By 1909, a building is erected and in operation.
  • 1917 The borough hall in Monmouth Beach is built.
  • 1922 The post office, at Beach Road and Riverdale Avenue in Monmouth Beach, is established.
  • 1929 The borough of Monmouth Beach adopts a commission form of government.
  • 1930s The Monmouth Beach Public Library Association is formed.
  • 1936 The "Monmouth Beach Herald" newspaper is founded.
  • 1945 The Channel Club, a restaurant and marina in Monmouth Beach, opens.
  • 1958 Monmouth Beach's First Aid Squad organizes.
  • 1960s The Monmouth Beach Recreation Commission is formed.
  • 1960s The Northeast Monmouth County Regional Sewerage Authority is formed.
  • 1995 The Surfrider receives sand deposits during the second phase of the nation's largest beach restoration project being undertaken by the Army Corps of Engineers.
  • May 2000 The Monmouth Beach Cultural Center, 128 Ocean Ave, opens.
  • 2000 Residents approves a $4.49 million in referendum for renovations and expansion of the Monmouth Beach Elementary school.